When using storage intensive applicationssuch as backup/restoredatabase transactionsvirtualizationand rich mediathe increased performance of the 8 Gb infrastructure enables more rapid storage and retrieval of critical information. FinallyPCIe 8Gb FC Host Bus Adapters provide a number of features that work together to reduce power consumptionthus delivering a "green" benefit within the server.
The Highest Performing Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters
- The PCIe 8Gb Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapters deliver twice the I/O performance of 4Gb FC HBAs.
- Moving to 8 Gb technology provides the infrastructure required for the more powerful servers and data intensive applications of the future.
- When using storage intensive applications like backup/restoredatabase transactionsvirtualization and rich mediathe improved I/O performance enables faster storage and retrieval of data.
Best Fibre Channel HBAs for Virtualization
- Ideal for the implementation of virtual servers with the power to drive multiple virtual machines.
- Allows a single port to acquire multiple N Port IDseliminating the need for additional physical ports.
- Datacenter administrators do not need to concern themselves with multiple requests from the virtualized servers potentially creating conflict.
- Improves host utilization and enhances application performance.
Latest Technology Supports Green Initiatives
HP 8 Gb FC HBAs have unique features in support of â€˜greenâ€ server technology.
- Port speed rating: 8 GBps fibre channel
- Slot type: PCIe to fibre channel
- Ideal for the implementation of virtual servers with the power to drive multiple virtual machines
- Channels quantity: single | Server function: Select HP ProLiant DL/ML/SL server